Tuesday, July 23, 2013

As Promised

If you read my last post about the shirt I made from Lynn Mizono's V1274 pattern you will remember that I promised to send along photos of Helen Papke's jacket interpretation.

Two sewing pals sent me photos they had so you can see why I love it so much.  Huge thanks to Sharon Coker, a longtime DOL attendee and travel-mate for the close up shots and to Steph Rich who has a very cool design/sewing blog.  Check it out here.  I've never met Steph in person but I've known her through her posts.




Above are two photos of Helen at DOL Santa Barbara 2012 modeling for Marcy Tilton who had them on her blog following the retreat.



Close ups provided by Sharon.  I'm so happy to have these.



In the photo above you can see one of the back options of connecting the two side "tails"



Now you see why I (and many others) channel Helen when we sit down to design something.  She's fearless and hugely talented.