Saturday, March 15, 2014

Sleeveless Tunic

Thanks to two sisters, Mary and Patty, some of my best sewing pals, I got a pattern for this sleeveless tunic.

I've been wondering what to call it, a vest or a sleeveless tunic.  Still wondering.

But here it is.  I decided to use scraps on the first one to try out the pattern.  The original tunic was bought by Patty and drafted by Mary.  She sent me a copy, an impeccable copy, and I got right to it.  I did a tissue fit and it needed a few tweaks.

Jenny, my friend and sewing mentor, helped me make some minor adjustments to the pattern.  I'm full busted and if I don't take out some fullness under the bust area it creates a shelf that makes me look huge.

She took a couple of tucks under the bust, sort of darts, and we just taped them down.  It worked well, as usual.  I always have to make that adjustment.  Sometimes it's more than can be eased into the garment so darts are needed but I prefer not to have them, if possible.


Black, grey and white always work in my wardrobe and those colors make up the bulk of my stash so I had lots to choose from.
So why not use a different fabric on each pattern piece?




Now that I have the pattern fitting well I'll make this again.

Thanks to Patty, Mary and Jenny!