Friday, February 28, 2014

One Day Wonder

Some times you just gotta sew something you know will work and have something to show at the end of the day.

I had just that kind of day last Sunday.  The weekend had been a total bust, sewing-wise...in fact, the last two weeks have been just that.  Starting projects that can't be finished for one reason or another.  Either it was my skill level, the pattern or just plain had no desire to work on the project.

So, on Sunday I decided to finally try M6607.   Margy from A Fool For Fabric gives it the TNT status and I saw her whip one out in about an hour a month ago.  This sleeveless tunic always looks so good on her I wanted to see if I could wear it, too.

I made it from a fabric that a friend gave me, thanks Sarah!  It's a black and reddish brown burnout, very drapy and I had lots of it...nothing to lose.


It worked!  This is such an easy pattern; fun to make and instant gratification.  It was so fast that I had more time so I pulled out a sheer stretch jacquard in a smaller black and brown print and made Christine Jonson's leggings to go underneath.  I can see why Margy loves this so much.  

I pulled the outfit together with a sheer stretch netting tunic I made a year ago.   I'll need to wear a black camy under that.  Cant wait to wear this new outfit!