Sunday, April 12, 2015

Oh Look! A Vest!

This vest was self drafted.  The fabric is from Marcy Tilton.  It's one of the pieces I got up at the Sewing Expo in Puyallup especially for this vest.  It worked out really well.  It's a ribbed cotton knit. I like the weight and drape.

And, as I was saying last post, it has the right kind of print for me.  Nothing that draws the eye away from the lines of the vest but not a solid either.  This is the kind of print I'll be looking for in the future.

I have no idea why these two photos came out looking so different.  I took them at the same time, in the same light.  



I'm in the process of making the second vest.  I've cut the collar down a bit.  This first collar wasn't interfaced...bad on me....so it flops down.  Actually, it's not that bad.  If it stood up it would bug me anyway.



I love the free-hanging pocket.  It doesn't really show from this photo but it's only attached from the top.

I'm off to the studio for my Sunday church service...Prairie Home Companion!